Brad Phelan wrote:
> Alex Young wrote:
>> barcaroller wrote:
>>> I was wondering whether anybody has had any experience with both
>>> these Ruby build tools.  If so, which one would be more suitable for
>>> large projects that contain both C++ and Java source code?
>> I've used Rake on a few C/C++ projects myself - if you want to see an
>> example of a fairly complex C project using Rake, check out the
>> Rubinius source.
>>

> I don't think that Rake currently has the concept of a scanner for
> automatically discovering dependencies such as in header file
> hierarchies. SCons for example has this built in. What is the
> best way of going about auto generating dependencies within
> Rake for C/C++ projects?
The same as for make - shell out to the compiler, then parse the result.
  gcc -MM is what I'm familiar with, I presume other compilers have
similar switches.  Rant does have this built in, but I'm not familiar
with it (although having just researched it a little, I think I will
make the effort now :-) )

--
Alex