Le dimanche 12 ao 2007 11:53, Sebastian Hungerecker a rit
> Trans wrote:
> > On Aug 11, 11:51 pm, Jeremy Hinegardner wrote:
> > > launchy version 0.1.2 has been released.
> > >
> > > Launchy is helper class for launching cross-platform applications in a
> > > fire and forget manner.
> >
> > * How does it deal with a systems that have more than one browser
> > installed? Which browser does it choose?
>
> According to the documentation on the homepage:
> APP_LIST = { :windows => %w[ firefox iexplore ], :darwin => %w[ open ],
>
>              :nix => %w[ firefox ], :unknown => [], }
>
> So on OSX it uses the default browser and on any other system firefox, if
> installed, or IE or nothing. I have to say, I find that somewhat
> suboptimal. Certainly it's possible to detect the default browser on
> Windows, KDE and GNOME, too, right? (Although, of course, it's still
> possible that someone has neither KDE or GNOME installed or that he has
> both and is running neither, which would make it hard to choose which
> default browser to use on *nix).

So, it won't work on my computer, since I run linux without firefox installed.
Under Windows, there is a default browser that can be set by the user, it
would be great to use this one, though I don't know how to get it. Maybe from
the registry ?
Under *nix, there is a BROWSER environement variable (but it is not often
correctly set, unfortunately).
Also, there should be Mozilla in the executable list, as the default after
firefox.
But the best for me would be that konqueror is used as the browser, with your
lib, since I run KDE. You can detect this from the env variable
DESKTOP_SESSION which is set to "kde".

--
Olivier Renaud