Trans wrote:
> On Aug 11, 11:51 pm, Jeremy Hinegardner wrote:

> > launchy version 0.1.2 has been released.
> >
> > Launchy is helper class for launching cross-platform applications in a
> > fire and forget manner.
>
> * How does it deal with a systems that have more than one browser
> installed? Which browser does it choose?

According to the documentation on the homepage:
APP_LIST = { :windows => %w[ firefox iexplore ], :darwin => %w[ open ],
             :nix => %w[ firefox ], :unknown => [], }
So on OSX it uses the default browser and on any other system firefox, if
installed, or IE or nothing. I have to say, I find that somewhat suboptimal.
Certainly it's possible to detect the default browser on Windows, KDE and
GNOME, too, right? (Although, of course, it's still possible that someone
has neither KDE or GNOME installed or that he has both and is running neither,
which would make it hard to choose which default browser to use on *nix).

--
NP: Adema - Do What You Want To Do
Jabber: sepp2k / jabber.org