rking wrote:

>      assert_match(pat, nazirite, "#{nazirite} !~ /#{pat}/")

> See that line immediately after the test_quiz(...) line? That's my
> custom-provided line. It's kind of buried, but having it is at least
> clearer than the lines below, which are a little misleading.

That's why I wrote assert_raise_message:

    http://tinyurl.com/23tlu5

When inventing a new assertion - maybe an arbitrarily complex one - you
can't leave its user with "nil should not be nil". You should reflect
anything you know into the diagnostic. All assertions should take a
'message' field, for the user to add to the explanation.

When a test fails, maximizing the information output helps the user rapidly
decide whether to debug the failure, or just revert the code.

--
  Phlip
  http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596510657/