On 8/8/07, Gary Wright <gwtmp01 / mac.com> wrote:
*snip*

> It seems to me that the idea of immediate values is not something
> inherent in Ruby's semantics but instead is baggage that arrives
> with programmers (myself included) coming from other languages.
> We try to find a place for it in Ruby when it isn't really needed.
*snip*

> Gary Wright

 I open my sticker-plastered, procedural language steamer trunk:
"variable" in the Ruby world and find a toothbrush.  This is not a
problem with Ruby just inappropriate baggage.  Lately, I've tossed the
toothbrush in a dop kit named "appellative".  It's easier to carry, at
least for me.

Michael Gaunnac