"Ralph Mason" <ralph.mason / telogis.com> writes:

> One could perhaps argue that we already have a pretty good language
> to build an installer in.

Perhaps, and if someone has the time, it might be a worthwhile project
to write a bootstrappable installer. If would stand a change with the
MinGW port, where all paths are relative to the executable. I'm not
familiar enough with the MsWin port to know. Cygwin would be hard.

We commonly use other tools in building and distributing Ruby: make,
tar, gcc, and so on. I'm not sure that adding an OpenSource installer
to the mix is so heinous.

Dave