On 8/9/07, dblack / rubypal.com <dblack / rubypal.com> wrote:
> Hi --
>
> On Fri, 10 Aug 2007, Todd Benson wrote:
>
> I think you're misreading the signals.

You might be right about that.

> The other-list talk is about
> the RCR (Ruby Change Request) process, to which there's a whole
> history.  It's not about exclusionary tactics on ruby-talk.  Really,
> browse through some of the archives of this list and you'll see that
> this list really isn't like that :-)

These are sentiments I've had about ruby-talk long before this thread.
 I can't speak for every other nuby, obviously, but I thought I might
take my chance and throw in thoughts that others share, briefly, and
in an obscure thread.  Maybe I shouldn't have done that :)

The RCR list has its own frustrations.  But when I read the original
post, what I saw was a frustration with Ruby in general.  And it
seemed to me to become a "don't ask don't tell" attitude from
responders.

Ruby has a life of its own, obviously.  And, I'll get used to that
fact.  Just as long as the people I trust (like yourself) don't
abandon people like me.  I've been a member of many newgroups, but
I've never seen such a scary mixture of free will and danger and
happiness and sorrow.  Maybe that's a good thing.

> David

Todd