On Thu, 9 Aug 2007, Gregory Brown wrote:

>> they also did install the db on their hard drive, because they wanted to
>> be able to have the full functionality to edit things.  MySQL has a
>> zipfile version that was ideal for this, though.  I just gave them a very
>> simple installation file that they unzipped, and the .bat that started
>> everything up took care of launching all of the pieces for them.
>
> For me, using camping + sqlite works great. you can get everything to
> run from a directory with a little effort, and the database is just a
> file.

Yeah.  If I were building something from scratch with the intention of
having it run off a CD, I'd go with some simple file based storage
mechanism, too.

This was more of the nature of, "Hey, we have these tradeshows that we are
going to.  There is no internet access at them, but we want to show off
our systems.  So we'd like to put our systems on a DVD and run it off a
laptop.  Thanks!"

:)

Kirk Haines