On 8/9/07, Arlen Christian Mart Cuss <celtic / sairyx.org> wrote:

> > Here is the problem:
> >
> > I am uploading files to my Webrick server via the standard HTTP method:
> >  <form method="POST" enctype="multipart/form-data">
> >
> > the Webrick do_POST handler than has the multipart/form-data in his req.body.
> >
> > As astonishing as that sounds, I have not found a way to get the
> > file's content out of this.
> > I am sure there should be an easy way.
>
> Here's something I found from Google. It may not be definitive, sorry,
> but I think it can help!
>
> http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/94785
That was indeed one of my first hits and it was useful to get the form
right, please note however that he is not doing anything with the
uploaded data :(, just sending it back.

And this exactly where it hurts, I cannot glue the received data
(req.body) into CGI, which would seem to do the multipart/form-data
conversion just fine.

Actually I would not care to save the body as such into a file and
have an external converter do the job(1), if I only had such an
external converer :(.

Thx anyway
Robert
(1) even if not in Ruby, sorry for the OL in that case.

--
[...] as simple as possible, but no simpler.
-- Attributed to Albert Einstein