2007/8/9, Tomislav Kralj <rex14012001 / yahoo.com>:
> Hello,
>
> I would be so gratefull to ANYONE who can help me!
>
> I'm writting a program in C++.
> A part of my program is to compare two strings and as a result I have to
> get a number (range:0-1) which represents a similarity beetwen those two
> strings.
>
> Which algorythm to use?
> I searched Web, but there's a million of them, and I don't know which to
> use.
> I don't need a solution in C++, just a hint which algorythm to use to
> implement this concept.

There is no general answer to your question.  It depends on what you
want to do with the result. There must be some requirements or at
least more information about the nature of your problem.  There is no
general definition of the term "similarity" for text strings - it
really depends on the application case.

Kind regards

robert