John Knight (2001-11-25 07:54):

> After I sent my comment out, I started to think about the lack of macros in ruby.
> I am not sure  I understand how block structures replace macros.
> They may replace closuress but macros?

blocks and closures go along fine.

IMHO, you can emulate the lisp macro stuff with the various
..._eval methods quite well.

take a look at net/http.rb and try to find the definition for get &co.

    define_http_method_interface :Get,  true,  false
    define_http_method_interface :Head, false, false
    define_http_method_interface :Post, true,  true
    define_http_method_interface :Put,  false, true

looks just like the stuff I did with macros in lisp.

s.

--
Stefan Schmiedl
EDV-Beratung, Programmierung, Schulung