Hi, I have problem figuring a regexp, I hope someone could help me.

I must parse a simple configuration file, in whose syntax strings are
delimited by single quotes ("''" represents a quote inside the string); and
comments by `#' until the end of line.

So, when I read each line, I want to strip off the comments. I figured out
that I need to match a `#' after an even number (or zero) single quotes (to
ensure I don't match a `#' inside a string).

Example:

config file line 'string' # this comment must strip off
config file other line    # this too 'this too'
config file 'string ''# this must not match''' but #this yes

Ok, how I make that?

I tried /(?:'.*?')*#/   # match `#' after 0 or more quote pairs

It works in the first two examples (#pre_match returns the line without the
comment), but fails in the third.

Anyone has any idea?

Thanks.