Michael T. Richter wrote:
> RWEB is a literate programming tool for Ruby patterned after Donald
> Knuth's WEB system.  It will, eventually, feature:
>
>       * self-tangling executable scripts
>       * an external, manual tangling utility
>       * an external, manual weaving utility with multiple back-end
>         formats supported
>

> Version 0.1.0 of RWEB has all three of these, but only one
> back-end--plain text--is currently provided.  The next release will add
> XHTML support to the back-end and future releases past that will add
> other formats and the ability to easily plug in formats not natively
> supported.
>
> The current status of the code is fluid.  The core syntax is in place
> and unlikely to change.  The tangling code is in place and unlikely to
> change much.  The weaving code is going to change to support plug-ins.
> Testing is sporadic at best but will be improved through test cases with
> each version.  Documentation is in place and reasonably complete
> (http://rubylit.rubyforge.org) at the library level, but utilities are
> currently undocumented.
>
> I'd appreciate any feedback on the library and utility suite as things
> stand now.

1. Are you using "Web" itself, "noweb", something else, neither, etc.?
2. Have you looked at the way the R language does it? If not, check out
http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/~leisch/Sweave/FAQ.html and
http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/~leisch/Sweave/Sweave-manual-20060104.pdf

I'm extremely interested in Literate Ruby (and other langauge)
programming ... I'm planning to check your code out this weekend. Thanks!!