On Aug 4, 8:05 pm, Ben Bleything <b... / bleything.net> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 05, 2007, Sy Ali wrote:
> > No, I mean "RubyGems" _itself_
>
> Ah.  Sorry about that, when you said "ri and rdoc for gems", I assumed
> you meant when installing actual gems.
>
> > I use "ruby setup.rb --help"  and I see no options to not install rdoc
> > or ri.  I already tried those switches.  =)
>
> Sorry, can't help you :)
>
> Ben

If I understand the initial question right you do not want to install
gems documentation since you are already using an on-line version of
it.

This could be answer to your question. Take the closer look to -no-
rdoc and -no-ri switch on install command.

E:\>gem help install
Usage: gem install GEMNAME [options]
     or: gem install GEMNAME [options] -- --build-flags [options]

    -v, --version VERSION            Specify version of gem to install
    -l, --local                      Restrict operations to the LOCAL
domain
    -r, --remote                     Restrict operations to the REMOTE
domain
    -b, --both                       Allow LOCAL and REMOTE operations
    -i, --install-dir DIR            Gem repository directory to get
installed
                                     gems.
    -d, --[no-]rdoc                  Generate RDoc documentation for
the gem on
                                     install
        --[no-]ri                    Generate RI documentation for the
gem on
                                     install
    -E, --env-shebang                Rewrite the shebang line on
installed
                                     scripts to use /usr/bin/env
    -f, --[no-]force                 Force gem to install, bypassing
dependency
                                     checks
    -t, --[no-]test                  Run unit tests prior to
installation
    -w, --[no-]wrappers              Use bin wrappers for executables
                                     Not available on dosish platforms
    -P, --trust-policy POLICY        Specify gem trust policy.
        --ignore-dependencies        Do not install any required
dependent gems
    -y, --include-dependencies       Unconditionally install the
required
                                     dependent gems

  Common Options:
        --source URL                 Use URL as the remote source for
gems
    -p, --[no-]http-proxy [URL]      Use HTTP proxy for remote
operations
    -h, --help                       Get help on this command
        --config-file FILE           Use this config file instead of
default
        --backtrace                  Show stack backtrace on errors
        --debug                      Turn on Ruby debugging

  Arguments:
    GEMNAME   name of gem to install

  Defaults:
    --both --version '> 0' --rdoc --ri --no-force --no-test
    --install-dir c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8