On Aug 4, 9:30 am, Ben Bleything <b... / bleything.net> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 04, 2007, Sy Ali wrote:
> > I see no way to build rubygems without documentation.  I checked the
> > --help listing and ri and rdoc are not mentioned.
>
> Try gem help install.  In there, you'll see --no-rdoc and --no-ri.

Why are rdoc installed by default anyway? I have never used the rdocs
installed on my system. I always go to the internet for this
information.

Now ri, is another matter. That's great to have on hand. However my --
site option doesn't work, which makes me wonder, where are ri docs
supposed to be stored in site_ruby so that ri can find them?

T.