Dear Sy,

> pdaXrom is unfinished and is still alpha, and VERY alpha for
> supporting the SL-C1000.  I'm using weeXpc which is based off of it,
> has been updated and is commercially supported.  I can still use
> pdaXrom packages though.

I don't know what your experience has been, but other than all
software - as all human undertakings - is unfinished, I must say, I found the community for
Pdaxrom very helpful and responsive and I can't say that
pdaxrom is not sufficient to my needs or in any way defective.
Rather, it was the first OS version that allowed me to use
my Zaurus the way I wanted it : use more than pre-packaged ipk
software, and do more than have just an expensive calendar + word +
internet + some other pre-installed software I didn't use that much.

However, I must say that I mainly skipped the previously installed
OS for pdaxrom in order to be able to compile myself.
For SL-c1000 and pdaxrom support, see:

http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=22619&st=0&p=149905&#entry149905

or ask "meanie" a question yourself. I don't think you'll need
to rely on commercial support...

> I've been investigating doing cross-compiling to target the Zaurus, or
> compiling on the Zaurus.

Direct compilation is what I was suggesting you to do in my last mail. You'll get the compiler gcc in the install image of pdaxrom, and then, you can install any Linux software from source using the usual configure-make-make install process.

Best regards,

Axel