El Aug 4, 2007, a las 1:29 PM, Dan escribióº

> Thanks for the reply.  I'm probably being dense here, but I don't see
> how Delegator would help in this scenario.  Can you explain what you
> mean?

I guess the one being dense was me then :-).

You are dispatching everything to some object dynamically. That's
what the delegator library is made for and that's why it rang a bell
when you asked for alternatives to that implementation. It is just an
idea for you to see whether it is worthwile compared to your approach.

According to the code there are two levels of catchall: The first one
is a class-level catchall, it creates a new object out of something
like API.images. The second one dispatches to that object somehow.
Delegation would target the former so the class-level method_missing
would return an object that already has delegation builtin.

Without seeing the real intented usage I can't be more specific. It
could be that the way to call the remote service only uses symbols
and there's no real object locally. If that was the case the
delegator library wouldn't fit.

-- fxn