> Doesn't your saying that we now need to get lawyers to tell us what we
> can and cannot do sort of tell us that the source is not open anymore?
> I thought that the idea was to relax and share openly, hence the term.

You are certainly free to read the license yourself. It's very short and simple. I just wanted to make it clear that *my* interpretation doesn't matter, and neither does anyone else's if you happen to violate a term of the license based on a misinterpretation on your part. But if you feel comfortable in understanding the terms of your license without consulting your own lawyer then that's a risk that you are certainly welcome to take.

Consulting a lawyer is something you should do regardless of the license. The more complex ones eg GPL are things that you should look at very closely to make sure you understand the implications of the license on your business.

BTW, MsPL has and continues to be described as a BSD-style license by virtually anyone who has actually read the two licenses and compared them side-by-side.

-John