On Aug 3, 2:56 pm, "Sy Ali" <sy1... / gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm happy with the older ruby 1.8.4 which I have for my Zaurus
> SL-C1000.  I can finally get rubygems up and running and with that
> many other gems.. but I cannot get ncurses working.
>
> This is because ncurses is expecting the ruby development libraries,
> which I cannot find anywhere.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas as to how I could get enough of a
> ruby-devel installed to get ncurses working?

Good question. Several years ago I did some Ruby programming on a
SL-5500. I can't recall how complete of an install it was. Most likely
bare-bones. And trying to cross compile Ruby for the Zaurus turned
into a train wreck due to my own ignorance. I'll check my files and
see what all I was able to do back then...