On 8/3/07, Paul Novak <novakps / gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 8/1/07, Andrea Maschio <andrea.masc... / gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Thank you very much guys, it worked. I was doing this for the purpose of
> > > create a scripting language in my lang for testers to easy developing of use
> > > case testing with watir.
> > > For english people is probably easier to read.
>
> Andrea,
>
> Hmm.  A 'scripting language for testers' sounds like the RSpec
> DSL[0].  Your cases should map to RSpec contexts very nicely.

Actually, we already have integration with Watir built into spec/ui
(available from http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=797). Admittedly it
is less mature than rspec as a whole, but I use it all the time to
drive in-browser testing.

Also, we're in the process of merging rbehave's story runner into
rspec to make rspec a full-stack bdd framework. It won't be long
before we're able to integrate that w/ spec/ui as well, in which case
you'll be able to write in-browser tests that look like this:

Scenario "anonymous user tries to access private page" do
  Given "an anonymous user" { ... }
  When "go to /private/page" { ... }
  Then "should redirect to /login" { ... }
end

Sadly, that's a few months off. Happily, that's JUST a few months off !