Armin Rrl (2001-11-24 08:21):

> On Friday 23 November 2001 23:51, you wrote:
> > MikkelFJ wrote:
> > > Ruby and SVG are independtly two of the coolest technologies I've been
> > > investigating this year.
> > > It definitely would be cool to integrate the two...
> >
> > SVGUIs?
> Hi Tobi,
> 	can you describe a scenario in a GUI where you
> would really take advantage of SVG and increase the usability
> of the GUI? Sorry for being sceptic, just trying to see along
> what lines you think. I understand the potential of svg as it's
> vector graphics, but talking GUIs? Do you really need menus
> to scale, etc.?

yep. Imagine you forgot your glasses and instead of squinting
at your screen you just enlarge the window and can read everything.

with this approach, the user could make simple or seldom used
dialog boxes small and keep vital information large, *according
to her individual taste*.

s.
--
Stefan Schmiedl