Armin Armbruster wrote:
> I have no problem with Array.new(size, obj), in fact I think it is a
> syntactically nice form. What I have a problem with is that it behaves
> differently, depending what the object is.

You'll find the same behavior in every type of function, and you'll get
used to it. Numbers, booleans, and at least one other class that I don't
remember at the moment are passed this way. I'm not sure about
subclasses of the aforementioned, but I think they are still passed by
value (i.e., all Numeric classes are so passed). If you need to pass a
different class by value, just pass my_variable.dup instead.

Dan