I left the latest RubyGarden poll running for a while, just to see how
stable the result was. The answer is, it's pretty stable. People just
don't seem to like Cygwin:

  Ruby under Windows should be:

     A native MSVC application    44.40 % (119)
     Built using MinGW            38.81 % (104)
     Build using Cygwin           16.79 % (45)

     Total votes: 268

So, I guess we'll be looking to change the bundled version to use an
MSVC build. At the same, it's possible we may be moving away from
InstallShield to use an OpenSource alternative.

This won't happen overnight, so now's a good time to be thinking of
issues we'll need to address.

Dave