Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries / acm.org> writes:

> My problem has two aspects: best way to set up the Ruby program, and
> best way to invoke it from Ant. I'd like to set up an Ant target that
> would invoke the program once per out of date txt file, passing the
> fle name(s) as args. I'd like Ant to do the date checking if possible,
> and haven't figured out how to make it do that with Ruby, which seems
> to need to run using the <command> tag.

Ron:

My only experience doing that sort of thing with Ant involved writing
a new Ant command processor, and you probably don't want to go there.

So, assuming you're not going to use Makefiles, a stupid question. How
long does it take to convert _all_ the text files? Then, how does it
take to crank up Ant and then end up converting just one? Is there
much difference? If not, TSTTCPW might be to convert them all each
time.

Dave