On Aug 1, 2007, at 3:10 PM, Ezra Zygmuntowicz wrote:

> Do you have ActiveRecord::Base.allow_concurrency = true ?  If so AR
> uses one database connection per thread so I assume you have a
> multithreaded server. The way to get rid of old connections is to
> call  ActiveRecord::Base.verify_active_connections! every 10-20
> requests. It will cleanup all the old connections whos threads have
> finished.

I do have concurrency set to be allowed, and yes, I'm using a
multithreaded server.

I didn't know about the verify method, so I'll check that out.  Thanks!

  definition, not smart enough to debug it.
          -- (attributed to) Brian W. Kernighan (unconfirmed)
  Luke Kanies | http://reductivelabs.com | http://madstop.com