Armin Roehrl wrote:

> On Saturday 24 November 2001 02:01, James Britt (rubydev) wrote:
> > What?  No Python?!!  Oh, the natives will be restless ...
> Email me the entries for Python and I add it at once :-)
> (or any other language; Common- Lisp?)

Python is the same as Ruby according to your list except:

Inheritance: multiple
Access to super method (Python 2.1 syntax): super(MyClass,
self).methodName
root class: None

Super is not a keyword so you need to tell it what method it is
syntactically contained in (but then you can use it anywhere you want
without worrying about syntactic contex)

But there are things you could argue about like private data/methods --
you can get at them but you need to do extra work to do so(as in most
other languages). Garbage collection: yes, except in very rare
situations involving deterministic finalizers in a cyclic loop (which
finalizers do you run in what order?).

 Paul Prescod