On Fri, 23 Nov 2001 19:57, Mark Hahn wrote:

> But only in 256 colors, not rgb.  It is rgb painting that I am totally
> stuck on.  I was coding a slow xbm display routine in pure ruby (pretty
> easy) until I dicovered this limitation.  I could do slow xpm with 256
> colors easily, but now I'm working on adding fltk classes to ruby-fltk
> instead.
>

> Right now I am stuck getting ruby.h to work in VisualC (I know that is a
> stupid thing to be stuck on, but I'm not a VisualC expert).  I was able to
> compile fltk itself in VisualC.

  If you link Fltk 1.1.0b5 you will get 32-bit colour support, an improved
file selector, an html viewer (I've added the HelpDialog form to ruby-fltk),
and numerous other improvements. But currently I have to pass
--disable-opengl to extconf.rb to make it work (on Linux).

 I had no problems compiling ruby with MSVC 5 sp 3. If you can be more
specific about what is going wrong perhaps I can help. You shouldn't have to
modify ruby.h at all. Are you using the 'configure.bat' script in the 'win32'
directory? Have you read 'readme.win32'?

Lorien Dunn