On 7/31/07, Armin Armbruster <aarmbruster / ndigital.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need a 3-dim array. The following attempt shows some unexpected
> results:
>
> Could anybody please explain to me why my expectations are wrong in the
> first two cases?

This is a very good question -- a classic in the ruby-talk archives.

If you do a search through the ruby-talk archives, you will find some
very enlightening answers. Please post back the thread number that was
most informative for you (just to help others who will ask this same
question again in the future).

Also, read the documentation for Array.new until you grok what it is
saying. Meditate until enlightenment is achieved.

Blessings,
TwP