> Mark Hahn <mchahn / facelink.com> wrote:
> > I have built FLTK on windows VisualC and I am trying to build ruby-fltk
> > in VisualC now.  Do you know if anyone has built a DLL version of
> > ruby-fltk before?
>
> No, I've never heard.
> If successfully building it using Visual C, would you
> inform me? I'd like to distribute it on the project page.
>
> > This may be a stupid question, but can I use a dll in the cygwin version
> > of Ruby?  (I told you I know nothing about how to add extensions to
> > ruby).
>
> I don't know about cygwin and windows DLL well.
> Can anyone help him?

	You certainly can build ruby extension a dll with cygwin. You do it just the
same way as on Linux.
	You might be better off using mingw (www.mingw.org) rather than MSVC or
cygwin. I know the MSVC version has problems with extensions that use
ruby-threads (just try building FX-Ruby with MSVC).

Lorien Dunn