Armin Roehrl wrote:

> 	can you describe a scenario in a GUI where you
> would really take advantage of SVG and increase the usability
> of the GUI? Sorry for being sceptic, just trying to see along
> what lines you think.

no doubt; this stuff is highly controversial. I don't want to convince
anyone; but perhaps inspire some.

Usability is certainly a responsibility of the programmer / interface
designer/ ...; and not something that can be assured by the GUI kit.

I understand the potential of svg as it's
> vector graphics, but talking GUIs? Do you really need menus
> to scale, etc.?

No I don't. But I want to be very free when designing interfaces. Grey
boxes just don't cut it for me. It doesn't have to be less usable, when
it's something else than grey and square.

Here
http://www.pinkjuice.com/ruby/SVGUI_dream01.png
is one fake screenshot. Each turquoise ellipse would onclick drop down a
menu of inputfiles / actions / output formats + destinations respectively.

Tobi

--
Tobias Reif
http://www.pinkjuice.com/myDigitalProfile.xhtml