> Extremely cool; I didn't know what SVG was really about but your examples
> opened by eyes. Would be cool if someone builds a SVG generator package
> for Ruby so that one can "write" SVG in Ruby and then generate?

Ruby and SVG are independtly two of the coolest technologies I've been
investigating this year.
It definitely would be cool to integrate the two...

There is an object model to create SVG from - this could be implemented as
Ruby package.
but SVG is much more than just another file format. It has events and
embedded script support.
There are bindings for JavaScripts. I haven't quite figured out how you can
create your own language bindings to SVG, and perhaps it requires control
over the viewer - like Adobes SVG viewer.
But I really would like a Ruby integration with SVG.
This would be the first step to interactive web-based ruby applications.

Here are some links from my personal Wiki

XML Standard for 2D Vector Graphics

http://www.pinkjuice.com/howto/RubySVG/

http://www.adobe.com/svg/

http://www.sun.com/software/xml/developers/svg/

http://www.stars.com/Authoring/Languages/XML/SVG/

SVG demo site - interactive games etc. http://www.kevlindev.com/

SVG developer community SVGElves http://www.svgelves.com/

  Userinterface design using SVG - the Groove application
  http://www.svgelves.com/learn/L2_03_01.asp

Adobe Illustrator: Design tool that can save in SVG format.
Google search on SVG
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&q=Scalable%2DVector%2DGraphi
cs+SVG

Cartographers