>      Dir.glob( pattern, [flags] ) => array
>      Dir.glob( pattern, [flags] ) {| filename | block }  => nil
>      Returns the filenames found by expanding _pattern_ which is an
>      +Array+ of the patterns or the pattern +String+, either as an
>      _array_ or as parameters to the block. Note that this pattern is
>      not a regexp (it's closer to a shell glob). See +File::fnmatch+
> for
>      the meaning of the _flags_ parameter. Note that case sensitivity
>      depends on your system (so +File::FNM_CASEFOLD+ is ignored)
>
> "case sensitivity depends on your system"
>
> Ruby's cross-platform, so Ruby should trump the system. Of course if
> the system is case insensitive, to won't matter wither way. But
> otherwise without this, to get case insensitivity we have to do:
>
>   Dir.glob("[Ss][Oo][Mm][Ee][Th][Ii][Nn][Gg][Ss][Tt][Uu][Pp][Ii][Dd]")

Tom what would you expect it to do in the following case:

touch SomeThingStupid
touch somethingstupid
touch SOMETHINGSTUPID  # no, I am not shouting, sorry ;)

I am afraid Ruby can not overcome some limitations of the cruel,
physical world :(.

Cheers
Robert

--
[...] as simple as possible, but no simpler.
-- Attributed to Albert Einstein