Jay McGavren wrote:
> When working locally with an object whose attribute is meant to store
> an array, I have no problem making calls like:
>
> object.items << new_item
>
> If I try to do the same thing with a DRb object, though, appending has
> no effect on the remote object.

The #items method returns an Array. That Array is not DRbUndumped (i.e.,
not a proxy object), so it gets _copied_ back to the client. Modifying
that copy in the client can't affect the original in the server.

Your #add_item method is a good way around this.

Or, you could extend the array with DRbUndumped, to keep it on the server.