Robert Dober wrote:

> I just really needed this for footnotes and some fun in my rdoc.
> It is a very primitive patch allowing to write arbitrary HTML code in
> rdoc like this
>  %html (1)
>  %html <a name="fn1" />
>
> I thought I will share this patch which seems to work.

Thanks! I was just wondering how to mess with RDoc's engine...

> The patch is from mercurial's diff, please apply with -p1 and say Y to
> the strange question about reverse diff.

I'm going to add it directly to my project, as a monkey-patch, not to my raw
RDoc.

And here's my RDoc wish-list:

 * the ability to alias a link to another part of the project. Example:

      assert_xpath[AssertXPath#assert_xpath]
         -> <a href='..'>assert_xpath</a>

   that would shorten the cross-link from another module

 * the ability to transclude a snip of source from one module into the
   doc for another. For example, assert_xpath's doc should not say:

      See AssertXPathTest#test_assert_xpath

   The contents of that test case should simply appear in the doc itself.

 * alternative, pretty, persistent URIs for items. Not:

   http://assertxpath.rubyforge.org/classes/AssertXPath.html#M000106

   but:

   http://assertxpath.rubyforge.org/classes/AssertXPath.html#assert_xpath

   (Note I can do this with your patch, manually, by putting in an anchor)

 * Each page should have a linker to the root index.html

 * Ability to stick a method on the page where it belongs, instead
   of the page for the class where it happens to be!

 * link to complete source (I might be missing this one!)

 * don't trip over this colon:

     send(:"format_#{item.kind}", item, ypath)

Finally, this might be pilot error, but certain class names I simply cannot
get out of the class list...

--
  Phlip
  http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596510657/