------art_11501_6210631.1185708352470

On 7/29/07, Guo Yangguang <gyg22 / 163.com> wrote:

> Sorry ,i am not show it very clear.Please read this example again:
>
> class Test
> def Test.say_hello
> puts "Hello from #{self.name}"
> puts "hello from #{self.class}"
> end
> say_hello #i don't understand here
> end

Try this on for size:
  class Test
    puts "Self is"
    p self
    puts "Test is"
    p Test
    puts "Test self?"
    p(  Test self )

    def Test.say_hello
       puts "Hello"
    end

     say_hello
     Test.say_hello
     self.say_hello
 end

In the body of a  class  block,  self is the  class.  That's  why you can
call the "class" method right there, after defining it.

Normally,we can use a class anyplaces after defining it ,but in this
> example,i use a classmehod immediately after defining it "in class
> context".This is valid.I means calling a classmethod(not an intance
> method) in a class defintion--not after defining that class--is valid
> .Can you explain it for me? thank you !
>

> Robert Dober wrote:
> > On 7/29/07, Guo Yangguang <gyg22 / 163.com> wrote:
> >> end
> >> say_hello
> >> end
> >>
> > It is not completely clear what you want to achieve but some remarks
> > might be helpful
> >
> > class Test
> >    def initialize
> >       e「 」      ャ