On Friday 23 November 2001 14:53, you wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Nov 2001, Tobias Reif wrote:
> > For viewing embedded SVG (like in the howto), the Adobe SVG Viewer
> > currently is the only good option, but it's currently only available for
> > Win/Mac. Perhaps they'll port it to Linux.
>
> Do you know a simple way (prefereably a single exe) that can
> rasterize SVG to PNG? I saw that Batik can do it and maybe its the way to
> go but I'd rather stay away from java. If there's a windows binary
> that would be great. Or has anyone tried the later gcc's that can
> compile java to native binaries?

I played a bit with gcj (with gcc3.0.1 and 3.0.2) and it depends
on a case to case basis (from segfaults to happy running executables).

Most likely you would not get Batik to compile, as gcj does not yet
support AWT or Swing; What would be feasible: I got some horrible Java-hack
(without AWT) to generate PNGs from Arrays;  Ask me if you want a copy;

There's a utility called: svg2png (Unix/GTK+) .. use this one;
or add Ruby wrappers;  http://www.design.ru/png/pngapcv.html
It was on the nautilus website.. under misc. apps; I don't have
a copy myself;

--
Armin.

Armin Roehrl, http://www.approximity.com