Chad Perrin wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 28, 2007 at 11:31:57PM +0900, Robert Dober wrote:
>> On 7/28/07, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky <znmeb / cesmail.net> wrote:
>>> That's where they wanted me to move -- Ottawa. The other thing Ottawa
>>> has going for it is that the lakes and ponds freeze up solid enough to
>>> drive trucks on. :)
>>>
>>> Wait a minute ... is that a feature or a bug?
>> its a freeture
>
> . . . or a bugger.

Actually, I was willing to transfer to Canada at the time, even given
the hassles of not being a "real Canadian". But the two offices were in
Ottawa and Calgary, both extremely cold in the winter. Of the two I
would have preferred Calgary, but I ended up transferring where I
*really* wanted to be -- World HQ in Oregon -- a year later.

And any time I *want* to get that cold, I can always visit a meat
locker. So I have had to settle for being an Honourary Canadian, and a
member of Canadians for Global Warming.
(http://www.templetons.com/brad/cfgw.jpg) :)