> *most* gems are licensed this way, but there is no restriction on what
> licenses people use by RubyForge as of yet.

As a side note:

If nothing else, I hope rubypub can be a discussion starter within the
ruby community about how to best improve and share ruby documentation.
It seems to me that allowing more people to contribute and improve
docs is a good goal to have. As a believer of wikis, I think rubypub
is a good way to start doing this, but it's not the end-all or be-all.

Like I said in the announcement, it's a bit of a social experiment.
Licensing details, data flow and -- most fundamentally -- user
participation, are all unknowns at this point.

--
Brian "Chip" Tol
http://www.wiremine.org