On Fri, 23 Nov 2001, Tobias Reif wrote:

> Hi,

Hi Tobias,

> here's my howto
>
> "Generating and serving SVG with Ruby (basic)
>   Tips, examples and code."
>
> http://www.pinkjuice.com/howto/RubySVG/

Extremely cool; I didn't know what SVG was really about but your examples
opened by eyes. Would be cool if someone builds a SVG generator package
for Ruby so that one can "write" SVG in Ruby and then generate?

Would be cool to use your SVG graph stuff to do ruby-talk stats graph
that update themselves in real-time. Then we can put it up on
www.ruby-talk.com/stats (or something like that) together with a how-to
showing how it was done. Could be short, fun and show how nicely Ruby
integrates with new WWW techniques (well maybe SVG is old, but its new to
me ;-)). I'm knee-deep in other stuff right now but if someone takes this
on I can probably give some hints and supply some code (from the ruby-talk
graph script).

Regards,

Robert