On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 10:35:56 +0900, Brian Tol wrote:

> [ANN] Rubypub.com - A Ruby Documentation Wiki
>
> Rubypub.com is custom-built documentation wiki for Ruby Gems. Features
> of note:

This should be very helpful. Thank you for the site.

> There's a few bugs, and probably more than a few warts, but it's
> hopefully far enough along to get feedback.
>
> Near-term goals:
>
> 1. Nail down the licensing policy. Currently user-contributed
> documentation is distributed under a Creative Commons
> Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported Licence, except where doing so would
> conflict with the original licensing terms. This seems fair, but
> feedback is very much appreciated, as I'm not a licensing guru.

Easy: user-contributed documentation for a gem should be under the same
license as the original gem (either that, or it should be in the public
domain), that way the original author can incorporate good improvements
without needing to worry about licensing conflicts.

2. Stamp
> out the bugs and finish a few outstanding features. Please use the
> Rubypub Google Group [2] to submit issues and submit ideas. 3. Figure
> out the best method of delivering contributed docs to authors. XML?
> JSON? Patches? Ideas are appreciated.

http://rubypub.com/gem/SqlStatement-1.0.2/SQLStatement::Select/ has
issues with leading # signs showing up in documentation where they're not
supposed to, and where they didn't show up in rdoc-generated HTML.

> One final note: Hopefully people find this useful. But if you're a gem
> author and would prefer not to include your gems at rubypub, I'm happy
> to remove them. Just drop me an email.

On the whole, a very nice site.

--Ken

http://www.iit.edu/~kbloom1/