On 7/26/07, Peter Bailey <pbailey / bna.com> wrote:
> > Works for me - what ruby version and OS? Try
> >
> > p Dir.glob("*.tif")
> >
> > p Dir.glob("*.tif").map {|f| File.basename(f, ".tif")}
> >
> > and see if either one looks visibly funny.
> >
> > martin
>
> Both lines yield the same TIFF files. The second one shows the same TIFF
> files, too, with the extension still there.
> --

Seems it is time to upgrade to 1.8.6, although I am not sure at all
that this will fix your problem.
Maybe there are some control characters at the end of the filenames of
the original tiff file?
No idea how to check this on Windows, but in Ruby you could check it like this:

Dir.glob("*.tif").each do |tiffile|
########################
puts "I got you" unless /tif$/ === tiffile
pdffile = File.basename(tiffile, ".tif") + ".pdf"

puts "#{tiffile}   #{pdffile}"
end

hmm does not seem possible, but try anyway :(

Cheers
Robert
--
[...]as simple as possible, but no simpler.
-- Attributed to Albert Einstein