Greg Kujawa wrote:
> The simplest thing you could do if you are targeting Windows platforms
> is look into the command line options for Windows Media Player and the
> Microsoft Pain apps. I have done some scripting that opens up Windows
> Media Player to play a selected media file and automatically close
> when done.
You could do something similar using mplayer, which would allow you to
target both windows and linux (and mplayer has lots and lots of command
line options available).

If you want to write your own mediaplayer then using the ruby/gstreamer
bindings is probably the easiest way, although that would be linux
specific.

Edwin