2007/7/26, Neha Chopra <neha.chopra / pontusglobal.com>:
> Robert Klemme wrote:
> > 2007/7/26, Neha Chopra <neha.chopra / pontusglobal.com>:
> >> Is there a way by which we can parse ruby code to generate a word file
> >> just the way there is a way to generate PDF, Excel or CSV files.
> >
> > Open your Ruby script with Word then Menu->File->Save As and save as
> > Word.
> >
> > Or did you want something different?
> >
> > Kind regards
> >
> > robert
>

> I want the ability to generate a word document by parsing through my
> code.

I'm not sure why you talk about "parsing".  Parsing is done by the
Ruby interpreter when executing your programs.

> As we do using PDF::Writer or CSV::Writer

So you want a library with which you can create Word documents
programmatically.  There might be tools to create RTF:
http://raa.ruby-lang.org/search.rhtml?search=rtf

An alternative would be to use Win32Ole when on a Windows-System with
MS Word installed.

Last alternative I can think of, create a HTML doc and convert it with Word.

Kind regards

robert