2007/7/26, Guo Yangguang <gyg22 / 163.com>:
> hello:
>     can you help me ?we all know  that we can use a class'object in main
> method in java,but how can i use a class'object after designing a class
> in ruby? i only know i can make an object and use it after having a
> class,i can also use a class method in a class to get some result after
> designing a class method.But why i can do that? i do not know the
> reason? is there an only place like main method of java in which i can
> use my classes? is there a  rule that can guide me to use my ruby class
> correctly?

As has been mentioned already, the body of the script file is what in
Java is your "main" method.  Arguments are in ARGV, i.e. you can do

ARGV.each do |arg|
  puts arg
end

You can as well read from ARGV - which is a kind of IO that combines
all file names on the command line.  A simple "cat" replacement looks
like this:

ARGV.each do |line|
  puts line
end