On Jul 26, 6:43 am, Guo Yangguang <gy... / 163.com> wrote:
> hello:
>     can you help me ?we all know  that we can use a class'object in main
> method in java,but how can i use a class'object after designing a class
> in ruby? i only know i can make an object and use it after having a
> class,i can also use a class method in a class to get some result after
> designing a class method.But why i can do that? i do not know the
> reason? is there an only place like main method of java in which i can
> use my classes? is there a  rule that can guide me to use my ruby class
> correctly?
>  thank you !
> --

I hope I understand your question correctly.

Ruby is in its essence an interpreter. When you type in your command
prompt

>ruby my_script.rb

the interpreter (that by itself is just another application) reads
your file line by line and executes every line. Think of every line in
Ruby as a command to the interpreter and that the interpreter executes
every single line. That means you can use your classes anywhere you
like as long as they were defined before. For example, this is
absolutely correct in Ruby:

a = "I assign even before any declaration"
puts "Moreover I can output its value #{a}"

(1..10).each {|x| puts "#{x} I can do anything I wish"}

class C1
   puts "When interpreter will read this he will print. Not very
useful but possible"
   def a()

c = C1.new # now we can use our class
puts "We can do something in between..."

class C2
   puts "We can define another class"
   def b

puts "And so on..."

As you can see it's quite different from Java. If you want to feel
more comfortable think of your Ruby code written entirely inside one
big 'main' Java function. Just remember - every line is executed!

FireAphis