On 7/25/07, jmilunsky / hotmail.com <jmilunsky / hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 25, 1:26 pm, "Todd Benson" <caduce... / gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 7/25/07, jmilun... / hotmail.com <jmilun... / hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the quick response
>
> I landed up running gem install activerecord --include dependencies
> and I got it to work but there was an error at the end
>
> Gem not found exception could not find dependencies. Do you know what
> this would mean?
>
> Also When i installed the Gem package - shouldn't it automatically
> install active record?

I am not sure about your set up.  Are you saying the command "gem
install activerecord" worked fine, but you are having trouble
requiring the gem in your code?  Or are you saying that you can load
the gem, but get an error when you try to use it.  What is your OS?
Are you requiring 'rubygems' first?

Here's what I did...

gem install activerecord

Then, in irb...
irb(main):001:0> require 'rubygems'
=> true
irb(main):002:0> require 'postgres'  #I require this because I'm using
postgresql
=> true
irb(main):003:0> require 'active_record'
=> true

And then, smooth sailing from there on.  Where in this process are you
getting an error?