TAKAHASHI Masayoshi <maki / inac.co.jp> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I tried to test conformace of XML parsers in Ruby, using
> XML 1.0 Test suite by OASIS.

[snip]
> The result is as follows.
>

>   XMLParser(0.6.1):  100.0%(438/438)
>   NQXML(1.1.2):       87.7%(384/438)

I've looked at what kind of errors these are. For XML, they fall into two
classes: ENTITY tags and multi-byte characters. I will attack ENTITY tags
next, since they account for approximately 36 of the 54 errors that NQXML
produces.

Multi-byte characters are another problem. How should I handle character
references like "&D7A3;" when Ruby can't handle that character? Is there
any way that NQXML can reach 100.0% conformance?

Jim
--
Jim Menard, jimm / io.com, http://www.io.com/~jimm/
"I have found that humans often use Smalltalk during awkward moments."