On Jul 21, 2007, at 8:37 PM, hemant wrote:

>> So far my experience with Ruby bindings for wordnet is, its stinking
>> piece of shit. Its about time someone took ownership of this project
>> and do something about it. I know I am not helping you much, but NLP
>> is the one thing that makes me jealous of pythonists.

Wow, okay. Care to elaborate on your experience?

As for taking ownership of the project -- you're welcome to write
your own
library which is not a "stinking piece of shit" and take ownership of
that.
My giving the source I wrote for myself for my own projects away does
not
give you some kind of guarantee that it'll exactly suit your needs. I
don't
have any record of your suggestions, patches, or problem reports,
which is
the only way I'd know that it wasn't working for you. I'm happy to
help try
to diagnose problems, but if you're just sitting quietly fuming to
yourself,
there isn't much I can do for you.

I'm sorry you so strongly disapprove of my code. I, too, am jealous
of all
the great NLP tools that Python has (especially nltk), but I'm at least
trying to change that instead of sulking in a corner hurling insults at
people that are giving you stuff for nothing.

> Not to mention link parser support in linguistic library,which doesn't
> work at all.

It certainly works for me, and I again haven't had any reports from
you to
the contrary. My email address is in the README of every one of my
projects.

$ irb
Requiring 'linguistics' module...
Calling Linguistics::use( :en )
irb(main):001:0>
Linguistics::EN.has_link_parser?
                                               => true
irb(main):002:0> "Get the leftmost ball from the rack.".sentence.verb
=> "get"
irb(main):003:0> "Get the leftmost ball from the rack.".sentence.subject
=> nil
irb(main):004:0> "Get the leftmost ball from the rack.".sentence.object
=> "ball"
irb(main):005:0> puts "Get the leftmost ball from the
rack.".sentence.diagram

     +-------------------------Xp-------------------------+
LEFT-WALL get.v the leftmost[?].a ball.n from the rack.n .

=> nil

--
Michael Granger <ged / FaerieMUD.org>
Rubymage, Architect, Believer