alter..  wrote:

> osso_return_t osso_rpc_async_run( osso_context_t*, const gchar*, const gchar*, const gchar*, const gchar* osso_rpc_async_f*, gpointer, int, ... );
>
> My question is this, how would I go about binding a function that has varargs? That is, how would I go about calling a C function that has varargs in it's prototype, like 'printf' et al, and the example enough. I'm baffled.

Ask on news:comp.lang.c , because AFAIK there might be a system to
convert an array into an argument stack. It must naturally port to the
hardware stack.

And post more code, so you won't get lifers whining that your question
dares to mention anything besides raw C. Put in enough code samples
that someone who didn't know Ruby but did know varargs could help.
Provide, for example, some reckoning of how Ruby does a raw array.

Another suggestion: Look inside Ruby's source for sprintf.

--
  Phlip