Morton Goldberg wrote:
> On Jul 23, 2007, at 12:30 PM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
>
>> Kaldrenon wrote:
>>>
>>> Presently learning: Perl and Ruby, with plans to learn Lisp, Lua, and
>>> Ada. My goal is to become a true polyglot.
>>
>> Unless there's a financial reason, I'd skip Perl and focus on Ruby. And
>> Scheme is probably a better tutorial language than (Common) Lisp. Check
>> out "Dr. Scheme", for example.
>
> I second that. Scheme over Common Lisp for sure. Also, I'd go for Eiffel
> over Ada, and I would recommend Forth -- anyone who aspires to becoming
> a broad-band programmer should be familiar with Forth.
>
> Regards, Morton

Actually, if you know both Scheme and Forth well, I wouldn't bother with
any other languages. They are the two most perfect programming languages
ever made. I'm just sorry I didn't invent either one of them. :)

They're also the most addicting programming languages. That's probably
why there are so few professional Forth programmers and almost no
professional Scheme programmers.